Wednesday, September 22, 2004

OMG, Guess Who's Online!

Once upon a time, I wrote for a little Montreal weekly tabloid called The Suburban. It was a fun gig while finishing up j-school, and it taught me the ins and outs of community-based journalism.

Mike Cohen has written for the paper for longer than I can remember, and through his e-mail list for ex-pats like me reports that the paper has launched its web site, www.thesuburban.com.

I've attached his mailing below. No, I haven't added an e to my name. My birth certificate still says Carmi.

If you're an ex-Montrealer, enjoy the new link to your hometown. If you aren't, it's still an excellent example of local reportage. Thanks for sharing the great news, Mike!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael J. Cohen
Sent: Wednesday,
September 22, 2004 8:12 AM
To: Recipient List Suppressed:
Subject: Mike
Cohen's Columns--A new Twist-ww.thesuburban.com


Over the years, I have been pleased to e-mail my Suburban Newspaper columns out to more than 300 people, primarily ex-Montrealers. I credit Carmie Levy, originally of Chomedey and now residing in London. Ont. for the idea.

The one question I was asked repeatedly? When will The Suburban be available online.

Well, that day has arrived. As of today you can access the entire paper on our new website. Take a few seconds to register (FOR FREE) and you will have access to the paper and some bonuses.

I will still send those of you on my list reminders---with the hyperlink.

Normally, the Suburban online version will only be accessible by mid-day Wednesdays. Today, they have launched it early.

So please, log on to http://www.thesuburban.com

And pass this website address on to as many people as possible

For my articles, look in index for
A) columnists---my city column
B) technology- two stories
-www.thesuburban.com (a story on the website)
-How I joined the online revolution


1 comment:

Trillian said...

Thanks for the link, Carmi. Happy reading.