Saturday, February 26, 2005

I've made Dvorak's Blog!

More good news from Carmi's World of Journalism:

Award-winning technology columnist
John Dvorak (PC Magazine, National Public Radio, CBS Marketwatch, Tech TV, among others) , has picked up my last post.

[Pause while I vent off the excitement at being quoted by someone I've been avidly reading since the day I brought my first PC home in the trunk of my Mom's car.]

There, I'm calm once more. OK, not really. But calm enough to write.

Anyway, click here to read his thoughts on my thoughts. I also highly recommend you add Mr. Dvorak's blog, Dvorak Uncensored, to your list of regular reads. He's one of the few tech journalists who gets the cultural component, and he writes about it in a fascinatingly engaging way.

While you're busy with that, I'm going to make myself some hot chocolate. But I'll wait till it's cool before I drink it. My heart rate should be down by dinnertime.

Yay!

---
Update: As of Monday afternoon, it looks like the conversation has exploded - in a good way, of course - on Mr. Dvorak's blog. As of this moment, at least 18 entries have been registered. Click here to see what the fuss is all about, and don't be afraid to add your two cents worth to the discussion. Isn't this neat?

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow, that's awesome Carmi! I am so jealous, but in a good way. Way to go!

Pat said...

Congrats Carmi! Great stuff!

Mellie Helen said...

Huzzah for you! Just think; when I hear the name "Carmi Levy" bandied about in all the tony media outlets, I will be able to smile and say, "I knew him when..." Congrats!

Janet said...

I never heard of Dvorak until now, is that wrong? So, to me, Carmi was always the bigger celebrity:)

I commented to the discussion anyhow. It was an interesting post...

Moogie said...

That is absolutely wonderful Carmi! Congrats! All of your hard work has paid off. But then again, it didn't take Dvorak mentioning you to know that you were very talented. I'm with Mellie on this. I'll be able to say "I knew him when." Again, congrats! This is wonderful news!

Christine said...

Congratulations, Carmi!! That's so exciting!

Diane said...

That is exciting. Well deserved recognition and it will hopefully generate many new readers for your wonderful posts and articles.

Gel said...

Mazel Tov! I just found your blog recently and immensely enjoy it. What a marvelous natural high for you!

Trillian said...

Congrats, Carmi.