Laval, QC, August 2009 [Click to embiggen]
I've never been on the fabled Route 66, but everything I've ever heard about it - and long-term exposure to Pixar's Cars - has convinced me that I'm destined to someday roll through what remains of this iconic American trail.
So as Thematic Photographic marks #66, I thought "shiny" would give us all an opportunity to ponder not just the automotive history that marked this place (shiny paint, shiny parts, etc.) but also the shiny patina that seemed to paint an entire era, where the future gleamed bright and every reflection was brilliant. Seen from that perspective, I expect you'll be taking some wondrous liberties with this week's theme.
Your turn: Please share a shiny picture or two on your blog, then paste the link in a comment below. Repeat.* If you're new to Thematic Photographic, here's how it works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...shiny!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.