90 degrees from nowhere
San Francisco, CA, July 2008
This week's Thematic Photographic theme, urban, reflects my belief that the seemingly endless process of paving and repaving the planet leaves lessons behind that we'd do well to learn. It's not a question of, to quote The Hulk, "Urban/bad, nature/good." Rather, it's a reminder that we should never be in such a rush to get through the day that we don't stop and wonder how the places that surround us came to be.
Because if we lose the ability to ask those "why" questions, we may as well pack up our tents and head home.
Your turn: Thematic Photographic is your opportunity to share your photographic vision with like-minded folks. Here's how it works:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...urban!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.