Monday, May 18, 2015

She chases the sun

Our daughter came bounding down the stairs earlier tonight and headed for the rear patio door. The dog had been fed, had been let out, then let back inside, and he had gotten his needle, so it wasn't immediately clear to me what the rush was all about.

But the sky was glowing something akin to salmon, pink or soft-orange, the kind of near-sunset that almost begs for a little extra attention. And she needed to grab the picture while the magic was still happening.

She quickly explained what she was up to before stepping outside and raising her lens to the sky. I watched from afar as she composed the scene and tried to commit the moment to memorable pixels.

She's so my kid. And I'm so very proud to be her dad.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Congrats, Carmi!

;-)

Gilly said...

Obviously takes after you! Make the most of each moment of her - they grow up too fast! I'm so proud of my daughter too, even if she is approaching her half century. And my grown-up grandsons!

Families need cherishing.

Common Household Mom said...

I love that salmon-peach-orange color of sky!