Friday, July 29, 2016

By any definition, they're dead

Hanging on for dear life
London, ON
October 2015
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that once upon a time, these leaves were soft* and lovely. In the form you see here, they're decidedly no longer soft, but lovely in a different way.

Maybe this photo is a reminder that nothing lasts forever, and it's up to us to take the time to remember it - in whatever form - while we have it.

That's a little profound for a Friday before a long weekend, isn't it?

* For more Thematic softness, head here.

2 comments:

photowannabe said...

Makes me think about Cherishing the moments given to us.
As I am of "a certain age" I do think of this more and more.
Trying to live Life to the fullest.

Gilly said...

Leaves die and drop, they've done the work they were made for, and now they are making way for younger, stronger ones to do the same, live, die, drop.

Hope I've been as useful. ~Definitely got to the very brown, nearly dropped bit!!