Sunday, March 04, 2018

Staring out a window

Building Toronto's future, one project at a time.
Toronto, ON
February 2018
This photo originally shared on Instagram
The scene: I've been sitting in this downtown Toronto conference room all day long, drinking from a Kool Aid (tm)-filled firehose filled with lots of PowerPoint decks, videos, and discussions. It's been an intense and productive day with my team of digital strategists who've come in from across the country, but as the sun sets through windows nobody notices, I decide I need a bit of an optical break. While everyone else heads for the coffee-and-donut table, I grab my camera and walk toward the light.

The sky is glowing a delightful shade of gold. I probably have seconds to capture it before it's over. Because Golden Hour in these parts is more like Golden Seconds, and you either move now or miss it entirely.

No one else asks what I'm up to - they're pretty good donuts, I hear - which is as it should be. The beat I'm marching to today isn't really the same one as everyone else, and I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps there isn't something else out there that I should be spending my time on.

I suspect something's changed in me this week, and the glorious scene that spills out before me could be a harbinger of better things to come.

#Toronto #yyz #John #street #st #urban #street #photography #building #architecture #construction #zone #rush #hour #traffic #west #weather #wx #sunset #orange #sky #canon #canonphotography #travel #travelphotography #ontario #canada

No comments: