Monday, April 22, 2019

Adult Tonka Toy

They put up a parking lot
London, ON
April 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Perspective is a fascinating thing. Stand on the ground and this tractor is massive beyond description. But head up a couple of storeys and view it from on-high and it becomes more like the toys we played with as children.

I keep reminding myself of that simple fact, that where we stand can change the tone, the flavor, the trajectory of whatever it is that we're looking at. Get closer for more detail, pull back for some context. Move up, down or all around to place that whatever-it-is differently, relative to whatever else happens to be around it. Even when the world around you seems static, you have the power to change it, simply by moving. Or squinting your eyes just so. Optics and perspective - I'll never get tired of playing with them both.

Somewhere deep in my head - or maybe it's my soul - I think there's a broader lesson there, that with a little more thought I can unlock one of those elusive keys to life and hopefully figure out a better way to navigate my way through it. But it's Monday, and the cumulative weight of the last few months is sitting on my shoulders a little more heavily today. The truth is I don't have magic answers to much of anything, let alone the giant tractor sitting just outside my office window. All I can do is look out that window and try to see it in a way that makes me want to remember the scene, to capture the moment.

If it makes me - and others - smile, or think, or reflect, then I've succeeded. The bigger, life-changing stuff will have to wait.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #downtown #kingandridout #345ridout #infotechrg #construction #building #renovation #contractor #engineering #project #big #yellow #tractor #urban #street #photography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: