Thursday, April 18, 2019

Shooting flora in the pouring rain

Life happens everywhere
London, ON
April 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
The scene: A desolate section of Horton Street just south of London's downtown. I'm walking back to my car after picking up my wonder-laptop from the wizards at Mac Outpost who fixed it (pro tip: Always shop local. You're welcome.)

For reasons that make precious little sense in the cold light of hindsight-informed logic, I decided to walk the 1.5 km from the office because, well, we could all do with a little more walking. But it has now begun to rain. Deep inside my brain, it dawns on me that perhaps walking wasn't the best choice. And yet, here I am. Life doesn't always go according to plan, and I'm good with that.

As I approach the bridge over the river, I notice these awesome plants swaying over the steep riverbank. The texture is divine, even in this dull, muddy, rain-flecked light. I should probably continue walking quickly - there's that logic thing again - but they grab my eye and refuse to let go. It's been an ugly week, so a surprise photographic antidote to the ugliness is a welcome sight.

You never know where you'll find inspiration. Often, it presents itself in the most unexpected places. You just have to allow yourself the luxury of appreciating it. Because in the end, scenes like this are less luxury than necessity.

P.S. I got royally soaked. And I didn't care.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #road #downtown #urban #street #photography #grey #sky #rain #weather #wx #thames #river #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: