Thursday, May 23, 2019

Sliding doors - part 4

The waiting is the hardest part
Toronto, ON
May 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I like to play with lines. And I'm hoping you're into lines, too.

As background, sometimes as I wander through the course of a given day, my brain locks in on something I happen to see - a shape, a shadow, something that stands out from the norm - and I stop what I'm doing so I can take a closer look.

I don't always have the time to stop - life awaits at the other end of the journey, and the world doesn't stop spinning just because I've been distracted by a thought-provoking scene. But I stop anyway, because it would gnaw at me otherwise. Because I don't like missing an opportunity, however fleeting it might be, to freeze a memory in place. Because I'm a lousy manager of personal time, but I'm strangely comfortable with that.

This particular memory reflects the realities of public, urban architecture. On the surface it's a subway platform, cast in concrete, virtually always ignored by the thousands of people who pass through here daily. All of its perfectly laid out lines made it cheaper to build, easier to maintain. But they also gave me room to play with angles for a couple of minutes on this otherwise-grey morning before I had to get back on my way.

The world awaited, geometry notwithstanding. And, not to worry, I arrived with plenty of time to spare.

#toronto #ontario #canada #downtown #subway #ttc #train #rosedale #station #commute #commuter #transit #landscape #building #travel #urban #photography #travelphotography #streetphotography #yellow #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everythıng

No comments: