Thursday, May 02, 2019

Spring has sprung

Life begins anew
London, ON
May 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Every spring, there seems to be a moment where we look up and realize the trees, which had been completely bare the last time we looked, have suddenly exploded with life.

I think today was the day, when Mother Nature decided to finally lay off the clutch and give it some gas. And when I needed to look at something other than an LED-backlit screen today, the trees lining the riverfront path were more than happy to offer up enough energy and color to lift my spirit. I'm pretty sure my writing for the rest of the day was better than it would have been had I remained inside.

We don't always remember the power a walk among the trees can have. Working away in an office, juggling deliverables and deadlines, it's easy to forget about the subtle things just on the other side of the window.

Today I didn't forget. I'll try not to forget tomorrow, as well, because something tells me the show in the trees by the river might be even more inspiring. We just have to give ourselves the room and the time to get outside for a bit.

I hope to see you there. I'll be the guy shooting weird photos, but I suspect you already knew that.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tree #trees #bud #buds #leaf #leaves #life #spring #green #nature #light #stilllife #photography #bokeh #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: