Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Green onions: A different perspective

Edge-on
London, ON
May 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I found this in the veggie section at the Loblaws supermarket. I was busy trying to stay away from others who don't seem to have heard that a pandemic is on, but the lovely scene you see here kept calling to me.

I used to do the spontaneous-in-store-photography thing far more often. Not so long ago, grocery shopping was, to me, a form of entertainment. My wife and I even went on food shopping dates. Because moments don't just happen on their own: You have to make them happen.
There's less time for that now. For the next while, I shop alone. I move quickly through the list, then move just as quickly through the checkout, then out. The faster the better. This isn't remotely entertaining.

Still, tiny opportunities continue to present themselves, like flecks of light in a dark night sky.

We do ourselves favors by seeking those lights, and taking slivers of time to appreciate them before we continue our fraught, tense journey.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #random #grocery #store #shopping #retail #vegetables #stilllife #photography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: