Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Staring across the still water

Subtly quiet
Stratford, ON
April 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I don't do this enough.

Don't stand by the water and just stare out.

Don't allow the subtle colors of a scene to gently speak to me.

Don't hang around and watch a single bird paddle through the stillness.

Don't wonder if that bird knows how lucky she is.

Don't carefully listen for the tiny sounds that usually get buried by the rush of life.

Don't smell the coming of spring.

Don't appreciate the simplicity of a wooden trestle over a pristine river.

Don't turn everything else off so I can have more moments like this.

I think I need to start turning some of those don'ts around.

#stratford #ontario #canada #landscape #travel #lake #victoria #avon #river #bird #birds #reflective #reflection #water #duck #nature #photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: