Friday, August 07, 2020

Moon crashes into CN Tower

So close, and yet so far
Toronto, ON
January 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Toronto's CN Tower is an iconic part of the skyline of Canada's largest city. Indeed, like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, it is the very signature of this place.

And like all signature buildings, we'll never run out of new ways to appreciate them.

To wit, this scene that I managed to grab in the middle of my morning commute to the Toronto office from my home in London. As I stepped out of Union Station on my way to the subway, the sight of the moon almost intersecting with the tower caught my eye, and I knew I had to extricate myself from the seething herd.

I was amused at how the visual suggested they were incredibly close together, but reality dictated otherwise. 240,000 or so miles, all compressed into a tiny sliver of sky.

For the rest of my journey to the office, I tossed around the duality of that simple moment: Things aren't always as they seem. And we're never as close as we think we are.

#toronto #london #ontario #canada #cn #tower #cntower #architecture #architecturephotography #building #design #moon #blue #sky #downtown #building #photography #canon #canon_photography #canonphotography #zoom #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: