Friday, June 16, 2023

Chilling with Glenn Gould

Under the watchful eye of a virtuoso
Toronto, ON
June 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I spent the day in the big city yesterday.

The mission was an interesting one: attend a major industry conference and lead a panel of folks way smarter than me in front of a large audience - who I’m certain were also way smarter than me. We explored the changing cybersecurity landscape in the gaming industry.

I was honoured to be invited, and it went exceptionally well, with random conversations spilling out onto the conference venue floor long after we signed off from the stage.

Needless to say, my head was brimming with ideas as I walked the downtown streets afterward back to the train station. Now I know how athletes feel after a major event: it’s intense.

Somehow I found myself engaging in a little spontaneous street photography, with a little help from Canadian musical icon Glenn Gould and a stranger who had no idea I was even there.

It was good for my soul to wield the mic from the stage, then come down from the experience by wielding my camera on a downtown Toronto street. We’ll call it a good day, one that’s already been tucked into my overflowing pile of similarly memorable days.

Do you have certain days you’ve tucked away, as well?

#toronto #yyz #ontario #canada #torontolife #gta #thesix #urban #downtown #street #photography #cbc #glenngould #walkabout #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: