Monday, November 05, 2007

Coming to a TV near you

If the stars align in just the right way, I believe I'm going to be appearing on CTV's flagship newscast at 11 o'clock tonight.

Michael Hainsworth of Business News Network interviewed me earlier today on the Google mobile alliance announcement (click here to see the interview). Now, if I understand correctly, some of what I said will apparently be rebroadcast for all of Canada to see tonight.

Coming on the heels of a really cool interview for the CBC Business News (more on that in a future entry), I think it's turning into an unbelievably good media week!

(Now I'm going to drive home and try to calm down a bit. I'm so excited!)

Update 11:30 p.m.: The stars didn't align. I got my parents and in-laws all excited for nothing. Now they'll disown me :) I'll keep my eyes peeled over the next day or two in case it turns out to be a bumping case. These things apparently happen in news. Who knew?

Yet another update: Richard Martin of InformationWeek has published this piece, IT Pros Anxiously Await Google's Android. Here's what I said:
Still, many view Google's long-awaited debut on the mobile stage as an industry-changing development that will inevitably alter the landscape for enterprise IT managers as well as the employees whose mobile devices they support.

"If you're a CIO projecting a five-year road map, and you want to understand where your mobile strategy needs to be within that overall road map, this changes things significantly for you," said Carmi Levy, senior VP of strategic consulting at Toronto-based consultancy AR Communications. "You will have to make allowance for this new entrant, which is not only going to do something that hasn't existed before, but will influence the incumbent players to reinvent themselves in the process."
Your turn: Is Google the 21st century equivalent of The Borg, or is this company's rise a good thing for society?

Nov. 8 - The last word (I hope!): The package was distributed to CTV's affiliates across the country. It aired on each regional/local station - not on the main newscast. My mistake. Oops! I guess these things excite me a little :)

No comments: