GoDaddy, you may recall, is the outfit that uses provocative messaging to get folks to pay attention. Because T&A is an integral part of hosting a website, right?
Suuuure, it is.
I'm guessing some budget priorities are about to shift. Less money for spandex, more for security. Danica can go back to driving. Or whatever.
Your turn: Thoughts?
- This isn't GoDaddy's first time being nailed
- 3:50 p.m. CBC now confirming its site issues are NOT related to the Anonymous attack on GoDaddy.
- 4:08 p.m. GoDaddy's twitter account. I'm guessing they're not a happy bunch right about now.
- 4:10 p.m. CNN, Mashable, Anonymous claim tweet.
- 4:14 p.m. Data Center Knowledge. Great background on GD, and broader impact.
- 4:25 p.m. Anonymous denies responsibility. Hacker war may ensue. What fun!
- 4:28 p.m. CBC, CTV, Fox
- 4:42 p.m. Mashable (alternatives), The Wall Street Journal, Wired, The Toronto Star
- 4:57 p.m. New York Times (Bits), PC Magazine
- 6:09 p.m. Yahoo/AP, EasyDNS workaround, AllThingsD, ZDNet
Like their commercials say, Danica on the outside, and geeks in wiring closets on the inside. but that is a huge takedown. I had my domain with GoDaddy for a while but shut it down as it was not getting me anywhere. Should have kept the registration instead of the squatter who has it now... Get Danica to do security. Or perhaps not. :)
Like it or not, it's just crazy...
Post a Comment