Tuesday, October 09, 2018

PB&J never really leaves you

Not-so-randomly forgotten
Montreal, QC
October 2018
Photo originally shared on Instagram
Scene from a hospital: I came across this forlorn scene as I wandered the corridors in search of Wi-Fi for my MacBook.

When I was a child patient in this very institution, these little packets of Kraft peanut butter and jam became something of a touchstone for me. In my 4-year-old mind, they represented a rare moment of sweetness and home in a place that didn't always feel like either.

To this day, I stop dead in my tracks whenever I see them. Weird, I know. So you can imagine my mindset as I rounded the corner and saw these sitting, forgotten, in an otherwise empty line of chairs in a corridor. Perhaps the universe is messing with me again. Wouldn't be the first time of late, and definitely wouldn't be the last.

Either way, I hope whoever forgot these here ultimately found whatever sweetness they were looking for.

No comments: