Thursday, October 04, 2018

When a cookie fails to make me smile

Sweet, sour, and hardly enough
London, ON
October 2018
This photo originally shared on Instagram
For the first time in memory, I cannot write. The muse, the voice, the whatever-you-call-it that fuels my creativity (and my career as a writer) has gone silent. I sit at the keyboard, staring at a blank, white window as the cursor blinks mockingly at me.

I hope it returns soon, because grieving is hard enough without having lost the one thing I've always relied on when the universe decided to the throw me and mine a curve ball.

Even my photography is, to be kind, lame. You'll have to content yourself with this stupid shot of a stupid lemon cookie. It's my favorite, and it's supposed to make me feel better. Didn't work this time.

No comments: