Saturday, August 03, 2019

Scene from the Grapefruit League

Eat me, please
Laval, QC
June 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Behold the humble grapefruit, the latest in a seemingly never-ending series of photos I like to call "fruitography".

I don't eat enough of these. Which is a bit of a shame, because I rather enjoy them, and Canada's Food Guide says they're quite healthy. Certainly more so than the celebration size peanut butter M&Ms I polished off last week. Bad Carmi. I'll have to ramp up my grapefruit consumption, then.

It may sound weird, but stuff like this - food I like, photos of same, writing words to go with the pictures, sharing the whole enchilada here - makes me happy. Which, I realize, may seem trivial and not worthy of attention to some folks.

But I've never been "some folks", or the mythical "they" people who apparently get to decide what is and is not considered normal behavior. And I've never understood why "they" get to sit in judgment of the rest of us in the first place. Were they elected?

As long as my off-nomimal way of looking at the world doesn't involve the commission of a major crime, I should feel no shame in shooting spontaneous pics of fruit on a dining room table because the very act of doing so makes me smile inside and out.

I hope it makes you smile, as well.

#laval #montreal #quebec #canada #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #kitchen #table #still #life #grapefruit #fruit #fruits #fruitography #spontaneous #macro #photo #shoot #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photography #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: