Friday, February 28, 2020

Just before checkout

So many stories...
Las Vegas, NV
November 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I have a number of strange rituals whenever I travel. Don't worry, they're all properly legal and moral, but they do tend to attract the occasional raised eyebrow.

For example, as I leave any hotel room for the last time, I take photos - of the room itself, the number outside, and down the hall. Because as unremarkable as these things may seem, they represent an anchor of sorts for an experience that was absolutely unique to me.

I figure a placeholder like this will always serve as a reminder if what it felt like to close the door on one chapter of an adventure and head into the next.

I shot this corridor at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas just before I left for the airport - and home. It had been a successful, non-stop trip, and I was looking forward to being back with my family. I paused over this photo after I took it, because every door you see here probably represents a similar story: Folks leading their lives, and eventually turning for home.

We all have our own stories to tell, and our own adventures to lead. But sometimes, our paths intersect in places like this. And sometimes it feels right to try to sketch out what that looks and feels like.

Wherever you're headed, I hope what awaits you at the other end is just as welcoming. Because we all deserve to eventually go home.

#lasvegas #nevada #cosmopolitan #hotel #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #stilllife #throwback #photography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: