Saturday, May 09, 2020

The best party (hat) ever

Always celebrate, everything
London, ON
May 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I'm overwhelmed, humbled, and touched by yesterday's torrent of birthday wishes.

"Thank you" seems so inadequate, but it's all I've got as I absorb the gauzy reality that I'm part of a pretty remarkable network of pretty remarkable people.

I didn't grow up with this. I come from a family that didn't talk, didn't make a big deal around birthdays, didn't revel in the little things, never learned to appreciate that little things matter far more than their relative size might suggest.

I'm thankful for the family I've been able to help build in adulthood: For the phenomenal woman who happens to be my wife, for our kids who make us endlessly proud, for our friends and colleagues who have become family by welcoming us into their lives as they've simultaneously enriched ours.

I often muse that I don't deserve this, and my wife is just as quick to muse back that I do. I'll try harder to listen to her more often, and to doubt myself less.

In the meantime, today's another day, with even more to celebrate. It's Calli's birthday (she's 3!) and we've got dog-walks to walk, games to play, pictures to take, and stories to share. In other words, just another day in the Levy home.

Thank you for being a part of who we are, and for making every day on the calendar worthy of celebration.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #birthday #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: