Sunday, May 30, 2021

Octopus on ice

Catch of the day
London, ON
May 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Seafood and I don't agree, so the closest I'll come to octopi like these will likely be through the glass of the grocery store fish section.

But even off-limits-to-me food can look limitlessly incredible, and all I can think of when I see something like this is that the universe is a remarkable place.

Even better is that I got caught taking this picture: the fishmonger staffing the section walked over as I finished taking the photo and asked me if I wanted some. I politely declined, but we still had a delightful chat about what a great store it is, and why we enjoy shopping there.

His passion for his craft was infectious, and it made me glad I decided to take the shot in the first place. Sometimes, connections happen when we least expect them, and they leave us better as a result.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #sobeys #supermarket #grocery #store #octupus #octopi #seafood #fish #shopping #retail #random #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: