Sunday, June 27, 2021

Follow the tracks home - part 2

This is how I got here
London, ON
June 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


This photo may seem familiar.

There's a reason for that. (In case you're just joining us, check out my previous entry for additional context. I'll hit the pause button.)

...Aaaand we're back...

See, I often like to shoot the same scene through a different lens, or from a slightly different perspective.

I think it’s my way of reminding myself that the world is an incomprehensibly complex place, and it’s the height of arrogance for us to assume that one frozen moment in time is enough for us to figure it all out.

In this particular case, I wanted to tell the meta story behind the first shot of the tracks from the bridge.

Of how I got to be so far from home on a hot and hazy day.

Of how a simple ride on an orange bicycle turned into an adventure that opened my eyes to a part of the city I’d never experienced previously.

Of the little twinges of imagination that start small - "where do you want to go today?" - and end up hours later as larger experiences we won’t soon forget.

Of a moment I didn’t just see. I felt it, too.

Part of me is slowly realizing I’m not just talking about photos taken from a bridge over railway tracks. Perhaps there’s a broader lesson here. Maybe a return trip to the bridge is called for.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #random #rail #train #tvp #landscape #landscapephotography #stilllife #photography #orange #devinci #hatchet #bike #bicycle #cycling #life #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: