Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Hotel room chair

You know you want to sit here
Montreal, QC
June 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


It had been a very long while since we’d been in a hotel room, and I was feeling unsettled.

Spontaneous photography has become my go-to habit whenever the universe doesn’t make sense to me. So out came the smartphone as my always-on-the-lookout brain zeroed in on the desk chair in our brand-new hotel room.

I was under no illusions. A few minutes of quiet and weird photography wouldn’t fix the broken world around us. It wouldn’t change the reason we had come here, nor would it erase our sadness. But it would give us a bit of a break from it.

At least it would give ME that break. My wife just smiled as she often does, patient saint that she has become whenever I ask her to humor me for a bit.

In the end I got my shot. But it isn’t so much the photo that I cherish as the moments that surrounded its capture. I wouldn’t trade that time, with her, for anything.

#montreal #quebec #canada #hilton #hotel #design #furniture #chair #texture #abstract #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #health #everything

1 comment:

Lifelink said...

I feel a lot more people need to read this, very good info! . eames executive chair