Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Artemis I (finally) flies

She's not impressed
London, ON
November 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Artemis I finally took to the skies on November 16, 2022, at 1:47 a.m. ET.

Like millions of space nerds around the world, I stayed up late to watch the historic flight. I’ll remember the date just as profoundly as I have so many other space and aviation milestones I’ve been privileged to witness live since I was a munchkin.

In contrast, Calli the Wonderschnauzer didn’t much care for the spectacle. She slept in a tight ball in her bed beside the TV, oblivious to the building drama taking place in Florida. As the main engines first lit up, she woke up, sat up, and did her best to not look at the screen.

Point taken: dogs aren’t big space fans.

But I’m a big fan of her. And once the ship was safely in orbit a few minutes later, we went outside into the fresh snow and left a few tracks around the perfectly silent neighborhood.

Life goes on even when history happens. Especially for a beloved dog who just wants to curl up in a ball with her favourite people nearby.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #artemis #sls #orion #nasa #spadeflight #calli #callitheschnauzer #dog #dogs #actofdog #schnauzerpuppy #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzergram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #instapuppy #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #ınstagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: