Monday, November 14, 2022

Back to the snow-kissed woods

Water in many forms
London, ON
November 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


It had been a while since I had gotten out of the house.

Whatever it is that has flattened me for over a week - not COVID, but still - has kept me within a close radius. Short walks with the dog, sure. Anything longer would have to wait till those rather important things like breathing and strength and balance returned.

So when I had more sleep Saturday night than I had in all the previous week’s nights combined, it was time for a Sunday morning wander.

Mother Nature even cooperated with a lovely blanket of squall-fed snow, the first of the season. So after Calli the Wonderachnauzer was done happily bouncing through the heavy wet stuff, I tucked her back in and headed back out for some solitary time in the forest.

I wasn’t in there long - as I half-stepped, half-slid down into the snow-covered valley, it became apparent that I’m still flying well below 100% - but it was more than enough to feel the cold air in my wheezy lungs and the snowflakes on my face.

I stood beside the gently flowing water and allowed the sights and sounds of this rapturous place to wrap themselves round me.

I needed this.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tree #trees #winter #snow #water #medway #valley #heritage #forest #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: