Monday, May 08, 2023

Another orbit completed

Fly safely, friends
Deerfield Beach, FL
February 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


It’s my birthday today, largely because humans measure time by celestial events, and I haven’t gotten around to inventing an alternative method.

Yet.

So I thought I’d share a photo of myself to mark the day. My lovely wife took this one, a fleeting moment as a C-17 snuck across the sky on a training mission.

According to the calendar, it wasn’t a particularly notable day. If we’re keeping track, it was February 16th. Just another day.

But we didn’t need a calendar to tell us it mattered.

Nor yesterday, when I walked the dog through some light rain.

Or the day I got to wander the woods with our daughter as we took photos of whatever moved us.

Or that February day at the beach when I stood quietly and watched some unseen people on an airplane nicknamed Moose learn how to save the lives of strangers.

Every day brings experiences, some that we remember and some that slip into obscurity.

And somehow each day adds to the story that is us.

Somehow each day offers up new opportunities to put a ding in the universe. Or accomplish something that makes us smile. Or find a way to make a difference in the life of another.

Or maybe all three.

That we get these days at all? That’s the blessing.

Whatever the calendar may or may not say.

#LiveLaughLevy #family #everything #lifeinthemargins

No comments: