Saturday, May 27, 2023

Spotted glasses in a crowded restaurant

Bottoms up, for some
London, ON
May 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I learned something new the other night: that you can hold your own still-life photography session pretty much anywhere.

Like in the middle of a downtown restaurant when you’re breaking bread with colleagues and the glasses on the shelves behind the bar manage to catch your attention.

Most rational folks would continue with the meal and leave the glasses be. But I’m far from rational, and I’m thankful to work with a group of kind, understanding, and brilliant folks who just smile when I get a glint in my eye and reach for a camera.

The bar was a busy place, and I was hoping to avoid being kicked out of the joint. So I stood beside our table in the middle of the room and zoomed in on the backlit glasses.

The result isn’t earth-shattering or of the ages. It isn’t even remotely ideal. Just some damp and spotted glasses arranged asymmetrically on a shelf.

But to me it checkpoints a quiet moment spent with some really inspiring people. I’m lucky to do what I do. And I’m equally lucky to have discovered that weird pictures make for powerful memories.

Not getting kicked out of the resto? I’m thankful for that, too.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #moxies #restaurant #downtown #glass #stilllife #sepia #photography #canon #canonphotography #canin_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: