Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Publish Day - ON CANOE'S FRONT PAGE

Something incredibly cool has happened in Carmi's world of journalism: my newest column, published in today's London Free Press, was featured on the front page of Canoe.ca, Canada's most popular media web site.

I wrote the piece, Blame adults, not kids, for bullying, in response to the recent hot button issue of schoolyard bullying in Ontario and the rest of the country. As always, I spun it a little differently, and I'm really happy with the result. The link is repeated at the top of the Sun Columnists page.

I've got to go call all my friends to let them know about the Canoe thing. I'm sorry if I'm just a little excited.

It'll likely be pulled down when the site is refreshed sometime early Friday morning, so I'll post the screen shot of it later tonight. Until then, feel free to surf on in and see for yourself. And tell all your friends!

Whee....

10 comments:

Photominer said...

Congrats Carmi!

Anonymous said...

Lazy Veda (http,vaza,blogspot,com) said:

Congratulations on the new space! :)

I marvel at your insight in this piece. You are incredibly right about how the adults influence the kids. I think, though, to take it a step further (which I know is not where your piece was meant to go), that much of the problem is in having the humble, non-bully-types interact with kids that promote that behaviour...thus influencing otherwise decent kids to begin with the same cruelties. Of course, most of these kids get it from home, so it does all come back to your point. Wonderful writing, Carmi! Your work inspires me. Keep it up! :)

L said...

very insightful-- few people realize that girls can also be extremely destructive bullies, and most parents I've met will ALWAYS blame everyone else but their own child.

Steve said...

Congratulations, Carmi!

Your article gave me pause to think. You widened the context of the discussion.

Kate said...

Great article, Carmi, and congrats on being on Canoe.
Unfortunately I see bullying way too often, and lots of times it's the kid that I wouldn't expect.

Diane said...

Many congratulations, Carmi. Your recognition is well deserved!

DeAnn said...

Wow! Congratulations, Carmi! That was a great column.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

The article is right on the money, and I remember as a kid even when confronted directly with it, parents and teachers just accepted bullying like it was normal. SOme fo those kids were like demons.

Amelia said...

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations Carmi... Although, you shouldn't be surprised, you're a talented journalist, it was bound to happen.

Canuckeh said...

Congratulations on hitting the home run, Carmi! That's great. And, as usual, your points were logical and true.