Monday, February 06, 2006

Childhood in the surf


I'm slowly working through the 1,300+ pictures we took when we were in Florida over the Christmas/New Year's holiday. My eventual goal is to get the majority of the worthwhile ones posted onto my Flickr photo site (see photo strip to the right or click here.) But all this is taking time that I do not currently have. Skipping from one bout of flu/cold to another doesn't help, either.

Still, I do want to share some of the cooler moments from our adventure. This one qualifies. All I did was stand in the surf and watch our kids be kids. It was one of those moments of parenthood that I hope I remember forever; one where everything was just right, and I didn't want it to end.

There's something magical about the exuberance of a child, and I think I saw it in each of our munchkins that day. Here, Noah practices his running-through-water skills as only a five-year-old boy can.

I was seriously worried we'd never convince him to get out of the water.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo attached to great memories.

Being in the teenage angst stage of my parenting, I forget the carefree moments of childhood. Thanks for reminding me.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Beautiful Beautiful photo, Carmi. He looks so very happy in that ocean, and I don't blame him! I look forward to seeing more!!!

Lisa said...

what a wonderful photograph. There is so much joy and a sense of being totally carefree. It takes me right back to my own "running through the ocean" days...

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Thanks for stopping by the Warbles and for the comment.

You've got a great thing here, I've added you to my blogroll and I'm going to stick around and read a bit.

Nice to meet you!

Janet said...

I so envy how faithful you are to taking such great pictures. I can't believe how years have flown by with hardly any pictures taken of me, my friends or my family. It's shameful really. I am working on turning it around though. I'm convinced 2006 WILL be the year!

Thanks for backing me up in the "great educate debate" btw!:)

Jennifer said...

I love that picture...he looks like he doesn't have a care in the world...just free-spirited and happy! I appreciate childhood so much more now that I am an adult!!

Star said...

That photo should be titled "Joy!". Just loking at it made me smile.