Monday, May 29, 2006

Purple haze


Seattle is a city filled with rich visual cues. Look down most downtown streets and you can catch glimpses of water at the very end. The distant horizon is painted with snow-covered peaks, often shrouded in clouds.

Closer in, the streets themselves offer up an ongoing collage of activity and color. People walk and ride everywhere in this city. They like to be entertained as they do.

I didn't have much free time to explore when I was there last week, but I was able to snap off some quick images here and there. As always, looking at them makes me think about what I was thinking when I took the shot. I wonder how I could improve the results next time out.

As I ponder the meaning of photographic life, I'll let you guess what this one might be.

Your turn: It's been a while since I did the first-three-words thing. What are the first three words that pop into your head as you see this?

17 comments:

Jill said...

The Fantastic Voyage.

Anonymous said...

I love your photography. Looking forward to seeing more.

OMH said...

calmness, fluffy, & cotton candy

Spock said...

Dear Carmi,
Please come to mine bloggie. You am one of the "select humans"!! Let me know if you can be there.

Anonymous said...

Jelly Fish in an aquarium tank...

that's my guess.

Jeremy

Ontario Emperor said...

very scary underwater

Michelle said...

lava lamp floaties :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

Anonymous said...

grape...cotton...clouds

craziequeen said...

Fabulous

Gorgeous

I want it

ok, ok, I know the last one is three on its own....but you did say the first things that come into my head!

cq

Young Lady said...

lol sounds silly, but drops of blood under a microscope

Jennifer said...

blood, stomache, acid.

I have NO idea why? LOL

Mrs. Falkenberg said...

jellyfish, water, aquarium

Tabor said...

Ok, I have to guess something...something..what is it? Did you take LSD while you were there? First three words are corpulent, jelly and smooth.

kenju said...

"Purple Rain" (only two words for me.

Is this part of a lava lamp?

Anonymous said...

Kiss the sky.

Anonymous said...

bubbles
mushrooms
light

Jennifer said...

purple lava light