Sunday, March 25, 2007

Caption This 11


You get to name this shot [See below for the rules, such as they are]
Laval, Quebec, August 2006


The Caption This parade continues this week with a somewhat more stark view of the urban landscape. If you're new to Caption This, here are the three things you need to know about it before continuing (cue the theme from Mission Impossible):
Speaking of last week's entry, please clap your hands for Blond Girl, whose caption will forever echo in my head as I tuck into a loaf:
Challah-lujah, that's good bread!
I read BG because she writes with honesty and empathy about how she simply wants to have a good life for her family. Like me, she uprooted to a new city far from home, and she writes about the challenges of everyday life in a strange new place. If you haven't yet read her, drop by. She's a worthy addition to the blogroll.

Judy and David get honorable mention for proposing the same heavenly term. I never cease to be amazed by the brilliance and kindness of the kind folks who visit my site. Thank you all for making CT such an enjoyable highlight of my week - and hopefully yours!

Your turn: Please think up a caption for the picture above and drop it into a comment. Come up with more than one if you wish - the more the merrier. Tell a friend. Vote for someone else'ssubmission. Spread the joy in any way you can think of...it's time to take Caption This to the other side of the planet! Or at least to a somewhat greater level of Zen-ness.

27 comments:

craziequeen said...

'Ladeez and Gentle-mennnnnnnnn....behind door number three......?'

This is a powerful photo if, as you say, a bit stark.

I saw a 'Carmi-a-like' at the store this morning, taking a photos of some mud...I thought of you instantly :-)

cq

Carli N. Wendell said...

Stop stairing. It isn't polite.

craziequeen said...

'Fred? Some guy is taking photos of our door....Fred!'

cq
Blame Michele, she sent me back. :-)

Tabor said...

We gotta get out of this place.

For some reason this makes me think of escaping...maybe too many movies.

Bobkat said...

"Our stairs go both ways, up and down!"

Michele sent me to have a go!

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Escher's nightmare: Stairs to SOMEWHERE.

Unknown said...

"An you say the legs DON'T come off the grand piano"

Hey Carmi ;)

I think I got you skipped over at Michele's ;( Sorry

Hope your having a great weekend ;)

Michael K. Althouse said...

"Where the mid-level management types report to work."

Michele sent me this time,

Mike

Em said...

I'm calling this one...

Decision Landing

Karen said...

whew!

*huff, puff*

so many stairs, so little time!

Nic said...

Dear friend, this is a great picture. It makes me think of a doorway beween the stairways leading to heaven and hell. You always have the most compelling photos. Here today on my own and not from the M&G. Hope you and the family are having a wonderful weekend!

kenju said...

LIFE: up or down? Your choice.



(Thanks for the mention)

golfwidow said...

"This way leads to salvation. This way leads to the ice machines and lobby."

Bobkat said...

Michele sent me back to have another go so:

" Why not just put the door on the ground floor?"

Anna said...

I vote for Judy! I like hers! :)

craziequeen said...

'Prisoner Number 42973538? This will be your home from home for the next 25 to life.....'

cq
Michele again..this one is a toughie..

Linda said...

St. Peter's Gate...Heaven is up and Hell is down....what's YOUR choice?

well... that WAS my choice, until I actually read all the other entries...now I have to come up with something else.

How about: For Sale: Stairway to Heaven (Hell stairs included at no extra cost!)

Thumper said...

The pit stop on the Stairway to Heaven...please tip the attendent

Eh...I got nuttin...

Anonymous said...

I have been looking through your blog. You have the most interesting things on your site. I love the pictures. thank you for visiting my blog. I look forward to returning to yours

Vid Digger said...

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said to meet him behind the Senate with the get away car. I wonder what happened?

Mike said...

27 flights up! You had to live 27 flights up!

Michele sent me

CynAnn said...

Fred couldn't believe this was the way to the men's room.

Anonymous said...

Got Elevator? That's the first thing I'd think of.

Carolyn said...

"Prehistoric Elevators"

Lifelong Learner said...

"You take the high road and I'll take the low road...."

Anonymous said...

Heavenly landing is a bit starker than I pictured.

Sara said...

"Decisions, decision . . . where do I go next?"