The speculation flowed every which way throughout the day, but by the end of it all, Palm released its quarterly financial results, but shared no news on a possible deal. Still, I'll gloat a little: I've been harping on this for a while (here, too...from an Israeli analyst, no less!) I sadly don't get fame or fortune from predicting the future, but I do get to walk around my living room with a smirk on my face for being sorta right. That is, until my wife tells me to stop being an idiot. OK, back on track now...
I had been speaking with other media on this as well:
- Smartmoney.com - Takeover Speculation Again Shakes Up Palm's Stock - byline Nicole Ridgway
- Chicago Daily Herald - Motorola said to be interested in Palm - byline Anna Marie Kukec
- ITbusiness.ca - Doesn't anyone want to buy Palm? - byline Shane Schick
- Unstrung - Palm Thursday: No Deal Yet - byline Dan Jones (this is the web site that touched off the latest round of speculation, BTW)
- ITbusiness.ca - Cisco nets WebEx - byline by Paolo Del Nibletto
- IT World Canada - Attacks on Google Book Search 'much ado about nothing' - byline Nestor Arellano
- IT World Canada - Overheating sparks recall of 205,000 batteries in ThinkPad laptops - byline Nestor Arellano
- IT World Canada - Multi-layer system eases load on government mail server - byline Kathleen Lau
- VoIPNews - Escape From Voicemail Hell - byline Cindy Waxer
- The Independent - How better batteries will bring us amazing gadgets - byline Andy Goldberg
- PC Magazine - Is Vulcan's Long-Awaited FlipStart DOA? - byline Bryan Gardiner
There's a lot more out there: I've been so busy with this that I haven't kept up on tracking this activity. I'll drop a few more links into future entries to kinda catch up on the material stuff.
Your turn: Why does technology fascinate us so?