Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Quoted - a very good media day

Some days, it pays to get out of bed. Sure, yesterday dawned incredibly wet and miserable, and I slogged through the rain on my bike to get to work. But it was all worth it because I enjoyed two pretty cool pieces of media exposure.
  • First, I was on television (!) Report On Business Television (ROBTv) asked me to comment on Nortel's just-released quarterly results. I spoke with Paul Waldie - who also writes for the Globe and Mail newspaper - and the piece aired last evening just after 6:30 p.m. Here's the link to the stream. (And, yes, I was called Carmen Levy on-air.)
  • Second, I was quoted in a piece, Control in a single protocol, in the National Post. It's on Voice over IP (VoIP) telephony, and Danny Bradbury wrote it.
Your turn: Some days, I think I look goofy on television. From the hands waving to the eyebrows, I suspect I'm a little too effusive on camera. What do you think?

8 comments:

Karen said...

Carmi, you should know better. You look just fine and besides, this is like a wife asking a husband if her outfit makes her look fat. We would never say that you look goofy. You're our media star in our little blogosphere. It's always nice to see you live. Have a great day!

EternalCynic said...

Lol you kinda do ;-)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I think you look great on TV, Carmen...(lol) I really do think you look fabulous on television Carmi...and I don't see you waving your hands or doing whatever with your eyebrows...I think we are much harder on ourselves than anyone else could or would be....
Congratulations!

kenju said...

Yes, Carmi, you did fine! You obviously know your stuff and that is what matters.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on interviews.

Vid won't go for me. The play button seems disabled.

Olyal said...

Yay for superstar Carmi!!! Goofy or not you're still damn cool... and on TV!

Anonymous said...

Do you know that after all the time I have been blogging that's the first time I have heard the voice of a fellow blogger!
Here from Michele's again.

Azgreeneyes said...

much better to be animated than to drone on and on with no personality!

Here from Michele's this time