Saturday, July 23, 2011

Ever been to Yeehaw Junction?


What I wouldn't give to have an address here
Yeehaw Junction, FL, January 2005
About this photo: We're still trolling our vacation-pic archives, and we hope you'll join us on our never-ending quest to spread the Thematic joy. What the heck am I talking about? Click here and all will be explained.
Pardon the really muddy composition and focus on this one. Between an ancient point-and-shoot and the fact that I grabbed it at close range while whizzing by at triple-digit speed (I'm Canadian, and we measure speed in kilojouleagrammametres) I'm amazed that it came out at all.

But the quality of the photo isn't the thing. The name of the place referred to on the sign, on the other hand, is. It's neat. And it got me wondering about all the other neat place-names out there.

Your turn: Know any cool place-names from your own travels?

1 comment:

rennratt said...

A few of my favorites are as follows:

Veazie, Maine

Metuchen, NJ

Mabie, WV

Lizard Lick, NC

Monkey Junction, NC