Monday, January 13, 2014

Thematic Photographic 277 - In another city

A tale of two buildings
New York, NY
November 2013
With this week's theme, in another city, I hope you'll pull some pics of places you've visited out of your archives and share them.

Whenever I'm away, I try to take some time to record the place in some way. I don't always have a lot of time, and photography usually has to take a back seat to more prosaic requirements like work and ensuring I make it back to the airport on time.

So I'm more often than not shooting and running. But somewhere in the midst of it all, if I can manage to snag a moment or two that can later bring me back to this place, if only in my mind, then it will have been worth it. Even better if I can take others along for the ride, as well.

On this night, I was struck by the opposing facades of a delightfully old building sitting in the shadows of a forgettable glass slab amid the hustle of New York's Times Square. I think you know where I'd rather be hanging out.

Your turn: Please choose a photo that you took when visiting another city, then post it to your blog or website. Leave a comment here to let folks know where to find it.  Visit other participants to spread the joy - and the word. Tweet #ThematicPhotographic to spread the word even further, and visit here if you're new to it all. And most of all, enjoy the experience, because fun is what this whole thing is about.

6 comments:

21 Wits said...

Carmi, a remarkable capture of yesterday against today, quite stunning. Here is my, in another city.

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2014/01/thematic-photographic-277.html

Anonymous said...

from my vacation in Philly last year
http://evasmoodboard.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/3439/

Gilly said...

Here's mine1 http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'm in:

Kenosha Re-Ducks
~

caijsa said...

My cities last year : http://caijsamortensdt.blogspot.fi/2014/01/in-other-city.html

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

I love cities! If I am going to vacation and stay in one place, it is a city I visit. If I am moving around, on my bicycle or on foot then villages and the countryside are fine. Here is my contribution this week.

In Another City