Tuesday, June 24, 2014

BlackBerry Passport - a phone unlike any other

A lot has been written about BlackBerry over the past few years. Indeed, I've written many of those words, and from the looks of it I've got more such writing ahead of me. Which, from my perspective, is a very good thing.

When I was in Waterloo last week for the company's AGM, CEO John Chen pulled out a couple of prototype devices and demonstrated them. The Classic is a basic update of the, well, classic BlackBerry design. If you've ever used a Bold, it's familiar territory.

But the Passport is an entirely different beast, and it was clear from the raised eyebrows that many attendees were deeply curious about it.

So was I. And I dug a little to better understand why BlackBerry would move forward with such an unconventional design. The resulting piece was published on Yahoo Canada Finance today. Here's the link:
Is Passport BlackBerry’s ticket to profitability?

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The AMC Pacer of Wayne’s World lore had nothing on this thing.

Did you know I've never owned a cell phone or a Blackberry, Carmi?

Maybe this will finally get me onboard! (Once I get all those kids offa my lawn, of course.)
~