Monday, June 02, 2014

Life in the Cloud

I lead something of a charmed life. At the core of it, I wander around the house with a laptop and, when the synapses in my brain are firing just right, my fingers type a whole lotta words, which become articles and stories which folks then presumably read.

Sometimes I camp out in coffee shops to change the view. Or the school parking lot while I wait for our kids to be let out at the end of the day. It's an interesting way to make a living, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the heck out of it. I do, and most days I have to pinch myself because none of this ever seems like work.

Well, I'm pinching myself again today, because my first article for Connections+ Magazine was just published. The publication focuses on ICT professionals, and my piece, Life in the Cloud, is the cover story for the May/June 2014 edition. You can access the digital issue here.

This new gig complements my writing practice rather nicely, as it allows me to dig deep into the technical side of the business. I spent a lot of years working in IT, and having the space to talk to some of the smartest folks in the field, then write about the transformative work that they do, is a real treat for me.

I hope you enjoy the read, and I hope you take the time to read the rest of the issue, as well, as it's chock full of great industry insight. This is the kind of editorial content that, when I was running helpdesks and managing IT projects, I always wanted to read. I'm already working on my next assignment - it's about robotics, and it's already rocking my editorial world. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you think about the cloud piece, and about the issue.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Way to go Carmi! Your outlook on life is matchless.

Margie said...

Congrats.
I am happy to know you love what you do, that is awesome!