Monday, June 30, 2014

Thematic Photographic 299 - Critters

Happy bunny
London, ON
June 2014
I've been shooting animals again. To clarify, when I say "shooting", it's with a camera.

I haven't really planned the animal-theme thing: I've been toting my camera again, and in the process I've been running across random examples of the animal kingdom. In this case, a sweet little jackrabbit showed up in our back yard and, for some odd reason, stuck around for an inordinately long period of time.

The dog, whose schnauzer DNA typically compels him to a) detect rabbits from 2 km away and then b) chase after them at near-light-speed, must have been napping beside the patio door, because I was able to approach this little bunny in blissful silence.

I'll leave the naming to you. Thoughts?

Your turn: Grab a pic of an animal, insect or something that suggests critterdom. Post it to your blog or website, then share it here. Leave a comment here to let folks know where it is. Visit other participants and feel free to repeat-visit throughout the week. Drag in your friends and family, too, because more Thematic is always a good thing. For more info on how all this works, click here. Otherwise, have fun with it.

13 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

CRITTERS! What shall I do, what shall I do?

Haha, of course I have critters.
~

Max Sartin said...

I love getting pictures of critters, even though they can be quite elusive when they want to be, which is most of the time. Here are mine.

Alexia said...

Beautiful critters

Cloudia said...

Oh Carmi!




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= <3

Gilly said...

Critters coming up! http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Here's a real cutie I discovered a couple of months back..
It's been far too long since I played the game!

21 Wits said...

Sweet (capture) of your little bunny! We have some new little ones running around here, and my dog Misty (part lab) loves chasing them! It's funny, she'd really never hurt them. Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2014/07/thematic-photographic-299.html

photodoug said...

Carmi, here is our critter.

fredamans said...

Lovely bunny.

http://fredamans.blogspot.ca/2014/07/critters.html

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Critters, they can be so cute!

Critters

Bob Scotney said...

Critters from the 1970s to the present day.

http://bit.ly/VHvjC4

Unknown said...

I hope a horse is a critter

http://rcbspinkcloud.wordpress.com/2014/07/03/breaking-free-a-galloping-horse/

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Second round of critters here.

(And some fences!)
~