Friday, April 17, 2015

Taking the time to look up

I was headed to an early studio session the other morning when I decided to take a new route. Instead of using the sidewalk, I walked through the grounds of a nearby church.

As I passed the main entrance, the combination of low morning sun and insanely detailed brickwork caught my eye and stopped me in my tracks. I stood there for a couple of minutes and drank it in.

I really didn't have the time to spare, and ended up cutting things pretty close because of my little architectural detour. But sometimes, you just have to take the time. Because if not now, when?


2 comments:

21 Wits said...

Absolutely, if not when, is an important question, and worthy of our doing. It so many chapters of our life.

Unknown said...

Carmi: A beautiful capture of architecture and imagination. Have a great weekend!