Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Red leaf down

Remnants
London, ON
September 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I stare at my feet a lot. For two reasons.

First, it's a partial nod to gravity, for I respect the basic laws of physics, and I really hate what happens when gravity messes with my upright-ness.

Second, a lot of really neat stuff happens down by our feet. Yes, much of it is dirty and messy, but it's also ever-changing and rather fun to stare at when nothing else will do. You can tell I took mass transit a lot as a kid. Waiting was my jam.

Today I guess I'd just rage-tweet on my iPhone while waiting for the good old #44 bus that smelled like stale cigarette smoke and sweat, but it was a different time pre-smartphone.

Which brings us to adult-Carmi, who would be only too happy to return to the city bus as a convenient means of commuting, but won't do so till there's a vaccine.

So instead, I stare down at my feet in other venues. Like the woods, where the ground is now covered with leaves. And since that old fear of gravity isn't disappearing anytime soon, I'm looking down to prevent the ground from accelerating toward my face. And while I do so, I figure I should point my lens there, as well. 

We still have a bunch of autumn-color-themed wanders ahead of us before the fiery reds and oranges fade to a winter-long grey. But for now, this is my new favorite photo of the season, the one that reminds me why I started staring at my feet all those years ago.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #forest #leaf #leaves #nature #naturephotography #sun #light #texture #gameoftones #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #dslr #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: