Sunday, October 04, 2020

Seeking sanctuary in the woods

Drink it in
London, ON
October 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I'm not generally one to pray, because dogmatic repetition of ancient verse has never really been my cup of tea.

But here's the thing: We all need a buffer, a break, a place where reflection is part of the landscape. We all need to get away, even if we live in a time where getting away isn't really an option.

So I took a walk with our daughter yesterday. My wonky finger meant the real camera stayed home, but I still had an iPhone in my pocket.

We explored a new-to-us part of the valley, and found this rather hushed spot in the woods overlooking a bubbling creek below. It struck us as just the kind of spot where we could get away no matter what the world decided to throw as us.

Because we all deserve to stumble upon resonant places like this, natural cathedrals, if you will, where everyone is welcome to pause and reflect. And I hope you find yours, as well.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #forest #trees #tree #green #fall #autumn #color #colors #leaf #leaves #nature #naturephotography #andscape #landscapephotography #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: