Sunday, January 28, 2024

Orange you gonna say banana?

The banana bunch is now in session
London, ON
January 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The scene: I’m on a Saturday afternoon date with my lovely wife. Most folks would call this an ordinary trip to the grocery store, but nothing is ordinary with her.

The bananas are looking particularly fetching, so I race through the possibilities in my brain as I try to figure out some way to remember the experience.

The key is to compose and shoot quickly so I a) don’t get in the way of strangers, and b) don’t fall too far behind my lovely wife. We still have to eat, after all.

I settle on this weird still-life scene featuring some well-lit bunches in the foreground and rattle off a single frame.

It isn’t a studio-worthy shot by any stretch, but that was never the mission, anyway. Remembering how it felt to be with her, however, very much was.

We all have our own strange ways of remembering moments that matter. This is one of mine. Like I said: nothing is ordinary with her.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #loblaws #grocery #store #fruit #fruitography #bananas #yellow #color #texture #shopping #retail #random #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Bunched bananas, May 2022
Bananas in the round, February 2021

No comments: