Saturday, January 06, 2024

Orange crush

I come bearing fruit
London, ON
January 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The skies have been relentlessly grey here for months. Perhaps they’re reflecting the general state of the world.

So maybe it’s subconscious or maybe it’s deliberate, but I seem to be seeking out subjects that suggest light and color.

Like yesterday, as my wife and I were on a quick grocery store date at the nearby #FarmBoy. The pile of oranges seemed to draw me in, and I stood beside them and quietly took in the color and texture before it was time to move on.

Later, as we finished at the checkout and headed back to the car, the skies overhead were still relentlessly grey, the other shoppers in the parking lot seemingly ashen and muted, as well.

But the memory of those oranges was a persistent one, and I started thinking about where our next everyday date would be, and what sources of light and colour and inspiration we’d come across as we ventured out again.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #farmboy #grocery #store #fruit #fruitography #orange #color #texture #shopping #retail #random #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
You say tomato... November 2021

No comments: