Friday, January 07, 2005

Notes From the Road - Day 4

Second day here and the day started off cool enough that we seriously doubted the kids would want to go outside. They insisted on swimming in the pool. Far be it for us to deny our children anything, so we went.

Mom & Dad froze, but the kids loved it, and didn't want to leave. Long after my wife and I had officially reached near-hypothermic core body temperatures, our munchkins were still vocally expressing their desire to have their bedroom furniture shipped to Florida and installed in the changing rooms beside the pool.

By the time we coaxed them out of the pool with promises of milkshakes and ice cream, the skies had clouded over. As we walked back home, we saw a blimp in the distance. Another first - a giant gasbag. I ran upstairs with the two munchkins to get a better look. I did my best to explain the concept of a blimp - "Yes, Sweetie, that shrinking gray dot waaaaay over there is like a hot air balloon, but with a motor" - to our little man. But in the end, I think he was just happy to be playing with his big sister.

I couldn't argue with that logic.

No comments: