Monday, May 06, 2019

Where I spend the week on a stage

Conference-bound
London, ON
April 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
The week ahead promises to be action-packed. The brilliant people I get to work with every day at @InfoTechRG are hosting a conference for a few hundred of our closest friends. It's called #InfoTechLIVE, and it essentially involves getting top CIOs and IT leaders into a few very large rooms for a few days so they can hear directly from our freakishly accomplished analysts.

If you've followed my adventures of late, we held LIVE in Las Vegas last November, then Orlando in February. Now it's Toronto's turn, and by the numbers, it'll be our biggest one yet. Here's the funny part: I'm the MC.

Scary? Of course. Because I'm used to doing my thing in quiet studios where you don't see the folks you're talking to. Being on-stage is an entirely different experience, and I'd be lying if I said it was well within my comfort zone.

But that's kind of the point to this life thing. We weren't always meant to be in our comfort zone, because that's not how we grow as people. Or influence others around us. Or get to feel, at a visceral level, what it's like to truly live.

So I said goodbye to my little fam last night, and will spend all day today prepping and rehearsing with our dream team before we go live tomorrow morning.

And if I feel those butterflies deep in my tummy as the lights get bright and I begin to speak, then I'll take it as a sign that I'm exactly where I need to be, doing exactly what I need to do for my peeps back home. It is, in the end, why we never stop striving.

Let's do this, shall we?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #stilllife #life #photography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #InfoTechRG #InfoTech #itrg #InfoTechEvents #workhardplayhard #bestjobever #family #everything

No comments: