Thursday, October 29, 2020

Pet picture time!

Looking at you looking at me
London, ON
October 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I'm calling it: We need more dog (or cat, or any other animal) photos, so start sharing yours, please.

Because pets can only be forces for good, and our lives are enriched by theirs.

You're probably wondering where this is coming from. Simple: Work. In our environment, we use the Microsoft Teams collaboration platform for pretty much everything, and from my home office it has become, quite literally, my window on the working world, and my only means of real connection to my colleagues.

And as the remote work marathon continues, I'm sensing a slight shift in demeanor among the folks I speak to. At the beginning of most meetings, there's a bit more chit-chat than usual. We've always been a friendly bunch, but this is different. We talk more about home, family, and pets. There's an inevitable beat of personal-time before someone transitions us into the meeting agenda.

And I like it. Because it reminds me that we're all experiencing this together. And we're all looking for ways to just get through it.

I'm not afraid to share that some days are harder than others. Much harder. And I've found great comfort in distracting myself with the antics of a rather deranged puppy. And from my chats with colleagues, I don't think I'm alone in this.

So as we lean ever more heavily - and, to be clear, figuratively - on the pets that hopefully surround us, I invite you to share photos and stories from your own bubble.

And if you don't have a pet of your own, please revel in the stories of others. Because animals never judge. Just don't take her blanket away while she's napping.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #calli #callitheschnauzer #dog #dogs #schnauzerpuppy #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzergram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #instapuppy #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: