Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Monochrome autumn

Muted in the valley
London, ON
October 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I went looking for color, and instead found this.

Dying grasses beside a weed-choked creek don’t exactly scream vitality, but I’m starting to realize I don’t always control what grabs my attention.

It’s funny how creativity works. You put your mind into that dreamy gear where the cogs are churning, absorbing everything around you, waiting for a trigger, a spark that this scene or sound or whatever is the one worth separating out from the rest, digging into, taking further,

I can’t explain how any of this works. I can, however, be thankful that I can do any of this in the first place.

See, the photo you see here matters less than the story that led to its capture, to the sheer ability any one of us has to take a blank canvas and make it our own.

Most of us would call all of this trivial.

I’d beg to disagree.

Colourfully.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tree #trees #autumn #color #colors #monochrome #leaves #branches #medway #valley #heritage #forest #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #canon #canonphotography #canon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: