Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Puppy sunset photobomb

Taking in the fallen leaves
London, ON
October 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I’m walking Calli the Wonderschnauzer when I get a sudden photographic vision. This happens all the time when i randomly see something and my brain begins to churn photo ideas.

This time, it’s a patch of red maple leaves in the grass at the edge of a nearby park. They’re kinda sitting in the setting sun just so, and I think they’re neat.

So we double back and I lie down in the grass - told you I was weird - to play with the angles.

The dog rather patiently grazes in the grass while I play. Which gives me about 30 seconds before she loses interest and starts to wander into my field of view.

I briefly contemplate moving her ginormous 15-pound frame before I realize I’m being a doofus. I rack off this one frame of her pensively taking in the scene, brush myself off, and head for home.

I quietly thank her for being her. She may get in the way sometimes and keep me from realizing my original vision. But without her, I’d never get to tell stories like this, the unplanned ones that just happen to randomly play out because a perceptive little pup decided to wander a bit.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #calli #callitheschnauzer #dog #dogs #actofdog #schnauzerpuppy #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzergram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #instapuppy #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #ınstagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: